Half Way There

I have reached the half-way point in the 50 book challenge. (And William, to answer your question, "why not 50 movies" because the point is to have a challenge, something that would take an effort to achieve.) These are the latest books to be added to the read list:

18 Salamandastron – Brian Jacques
19 Mariel of Redwall –Brian Jacques
20 Skipping Christmas –John Grisham
21 The Old Man and the Sea –Ernest Hemingway
22 Crazymakers –not sure of authors
23 The Grime Grotto –Lemony Snicket
24 Angels and Demons –Dan Brown
25 Captivating – John and Stasi Eldredge

I have about eight months to reading the remaining 25 books, but the challenge has become harder now that I am in Japan for two reasons. First I have less time to read with the adjusting to a new culture, teaching, preparing lessons and building relationships. Second English books seem to be very rare. I think I am going to have to become very familiar with online shopping.

Comments

matthew said…
Liz, I am impressed by the diversity of your list and the progress of your mission. Read on!
Robin said…
Yay! Tell us about Captivating... AND, ask around, ther ARE places to buy English books there. I'd show you myself... if I was there. Still jealous.
Anonymous said…
I commend you on your efforts but Watching 50 movies can be challenging. Ever sit for 13 hours and watch all three Lord of the Rings Extended Editions back-back-back.

You could also try to learn Japanese and finish your other half with Japanese books.
Anonymous said…
You'll have to make a book wish list so everyone can send you something for Christmas. That'll help with your lack of books. 50 is a lofty goal. Congrats on getting halfway already!
Heather Durkee said…
I am half way through captivating. Its a really great book!
Sarah Gomez said…
I changed my goal to something a little more realistic. I slipped off the Reading Railroad for a few months and now I'm too far behind. I have decided to make it a 30 book challenge. Maybe I'll take some cues from your book list :)