Renewed Goal

Earlier this year I bravely announced that I would run a 10-km race before I turned 25. For awhile I was very faithful to my running regime, that was till May. For a variety of reasons I just stopped. In shame and guilt I thought for sure it would be possible for me to reach my goal. How was I going to find a race while in Japan? It would be impossible.

Or so I thought. I recently learned of a 10-km race that will be happening in February in the next city over. Tiffany and Steve (a couple from Manitoba who are also teaching at Grace) said they would run the race with me. We went for our first run tonight. We’re starting out slow; Tiffany and I ran for 10 minutes (Steve went longer). And with that the training begins….again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations on finding the perfect way to meet your goal! And you even have someone to run with... that'll help immensely. Good on you!