25

Yesterday I was four with twenty years experience; today I am half way to fifty –25. Steve says I have a crazy outlook on age, maybe he’s right. Whatever the case its my birthday and that makes me happy. I still enjoy birthdays –you get cake!

I also like birthdays because they are an opportunity. An opportunity to look over the past year and ask if its well live and set challenges and hopes for the next year. (similar to a New Year resolutions, but not) So, these are my goals for the next year, thought it was fitting, 25 challenges for my 25th year:

*Challenges completed will be indicated by the colour blue*

1 Dye my hair blue
2 Jump out of an airplane
3 Climb a mountain
4 Learn to snowboard
5 Run a half marathon, which is huge cause I’ve never ran more then 6km
6 Learn how to make 25 new dishes/meals
7 Fly a kite
8 Know/memorise/ really understand 6 biblical passages
9 Take a long road trip
10 Make a snowman with my sister

11 Finish the Simiarilion
12 Have a garden
13 Finally put to paper the stories I tell my sister, that’s right Pogo fans the stories maybe immortalised at last
14 Draw 12 pictures, one a month
15 Make some huge castle fort out of Lego (Bill and Jeff I might need your help, do you have any of your old kits still?)
16 Climb a tree
17 Go on an over night hiking trip
18 Take my mom out for a special dinner, it would have been a surprise but she reads my blog
19 Visit a city I’ve never been to before

20 Go bowling
21 Take a college class -continuing learning
22 Watch a play (high school, local or Broadway)
23. 25 meaningful conversations about God
24 Do a really challenging puzzle (either many pieces, or same picture on both sides or something)
25 Host one of those murder mystery dinner parties

So, those are my goals. As each goal is reached I’ll post the results plus monthly reports on the few that are more continue. That’s more for my own accountability. I think I’ll go with five with twenty years experience and not half way to fifty.

Comments

jen said…
April 26th, 1981. And that's why you're... 25!
Steph said…
happy birthday my beautiful liz!
i can help you out with the road trip goal and provide you with a destination as well as food and lodging ;)
Elizabeth said…
April 26th, 1981, and that's why I'm 25! good times!

Steph, wonderful. thank you now i just need to work it out.
Elizabeth said…
Jeff, I know shame on me. I've picked it up atleast three times. This time I will finish it. Not only that I actually am enjoying it and might read it again someday.

And wonderful news about the castle. I can't wait!
Xaven said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND! Good goals! I think you should add on there finding something new and silly to laugh at!
Anonymous said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! Hope you have a great day. You are now 1/4 of a century!
Looking forward to seeing you when you get back to Ontario.