mom-eries

Just finished talking with my mommy (msn-video-conference-thing). We were reminiscing over my childhood, times together and fun highlights. She remembers when I was two and had a love for hot air balloons (which I still do), I saw one and we chased it in our car for a few hours. Mom says I giggled most of the time. My memories of the day a little fussy so I’ll take her word on it.

I remember when we lived in Kanata (I would have been about four) I wanted to build a fort with some friends so my mom brought out all the spare blankets and helped us build it. It was raining that day so we used everyone’s umbrellas for the door. Mom brought us a snack.

My 6th birthday mom had this amazing dinosaur theme party. It was the best! Dinosaur cake, dinosaur crafts, dinosaur games (pin the tale on the dinosaur). What really stands out is I coloured my dinosaur rainbow colours and a boy sitting next to me told me I did it all wrong. And my mom said that there could have been rainbow dinosaurs.

In grade two my class had a field trip to Port George (one of my favourite places in the whole wide world). Mom agreed to be a parent helper and spent the day jumping on rocks and hunting for crabs with me. I remember she packed this amazing lunch of fried chicken and after lunch we walked to this ice cream shop and played hide and go seek in tall grass.

In evenings I remember mom and I doing the dishes together while dad read to us. First we read Narina, then the Hobbit, then the Lord of the Rings. When the dishes were finished they would take turns reading while we cut out snowflakes in the winter and butterflies in the spring.

I love my mom. No other mother would do for me. There are so many good memories but its more than that, it is the little things, the daily happenings. The things that don’t stand out as a highlight but just were and still are. Like baking cookies together, taking walks, and late night conversations. I remember in elementary school every night mom would read to me from the bible and pray with me. I wouldn’t change my childhood or my family for the world.

Happy Mothers Day Mom
ps. 100th post

Comments

Xaven said…
Good words, Friend!
Aaron Perry said…
some good stuff here, liz. thanks.