The Moon Reflects The Sun

It is crazy how a few little non-related things can connect in our minds. That in turn triggers pondering and sets us off on a journey of thought, like a song you can’t get out of your head. I’ve been on a thought journey the past two weeks…still am.

It started with reading Matthew 5, preparing for a Bible study message, Chris Massie’s post on May 19th, a few memories, a T-shirt, and a walk.

I bought a T-shirt a few summers ago, black with glow in the dark letters. The front said, "be the moon" with a picture of the moon and on the back "reflect the Son" with a cross. Your average, cheesey Christian shirt. Still I liked the shirt that’s the reason I bought it. Gave it to my mom but that’s beside the point. My silly logic below, of being the moon, is actually a part of my current thoughts. The closest I have come to a conclusion is John 3:30:

"He must become greater; I must become less".

Comments