HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUMMY

I love my Mummy. I've shared a little of that love these past days because she is wonderful. I admire her ongoing strength. She sees my passion for books and encourages it. She finds little ways to surprise me. She likes CSI. She is cute. When I was little and struggling to learn to read she (and Dad) read to me from the Chronicles of Narnia. In high school when I would forget my lunch she’d walk to school so I wouldn’t go hungry. She is the best concordance ever. In high school we would have these long talks into the night. I love my Mummy let me count the ways, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three, twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine, thirty, thirty-one, thirty-two, thirty-three, thirty-four, thirty-five, thirty-six, thirty-seven, thirty-eight, thirty-nine, forty, forty-one, forty-two, forty-three, forty-four, forty-five, forty-six, forty-seven, forty-eight, forty-nine, fifty, fifty-one, fifty-two, fifty-three….

Mom you are magnificent. I want to say thank you for all you’ve done for me. I love our walks and times together. I love that we enjoy the same books. I love that we like calling each other. But my I am most grateful for all your prayers. I would not be the woman I am today without my mother who faithfully prays for her children.

I LOVE YOU

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday dear Mummy
Happy Birthday to You

Comments

matthew said…
I also wish her a happy birthday :)
Elizabeth said…
Thanks Matthew, I'll let her know the next time I call. She tries to read this from time to time so she might even read your message herself.
Steph said…
Your mommy is quite wonderful - she helped me move from Summit into the town hosues, and took me to Saint John with you guys to buy fish. I hope she has a wonderful birthday!
Elizabeth said…
Hee hee hee...I remember that day. That was the day I bought my first fish -Rover. What a good fish. Only he never got the whole "fetch" thing.

Mom also remembers that day. Any time I start a story with the lines "my friend steph" mom adds the one that.... And I go yes, that's Steph we like her.