Anticipation and iPod

The anticipation grows in 11 hours and 26 minutes the youth from the church and a few friends will be flooding in for an all-nighter. Not just any all-nighter. It is the first one I have ever planned. I would expect to be feeling a whole range of emotions but instead I just feel sleepy and hungry. Thinking that is not a good way to start off because I already know that is how the day will end. Connected with the youth group last week I shared quotes from a youth trip. Someone dear to me was offended on my behalf by the second comment "you should have been born mute". Till she heard the context, turns out Jay isn’t really rude at all:

Once upon a time in Erwin the Car during a road trip David lost his ipod. It was such a tragic event that we immediately stopped at the nearest Tim Hortons to search. Actually the guys searched I went and bought a tea and cookies (to share). Then David went to buy something and Jay and I moved the car then searched for the ipod. Finally Jay went in we reparked –again, and than successfully searched for the ipod. It was in one of those overly obvious places that when once found you feel foolish. David asked me not to tell Jay where it had been. I agreed to the secret. After Jay found the Erwin we were on the road and Jay asked, "so where was the ipod". To which I explained it had been here all but we couldn’t find it because it had slipped through a vortex into a different time/space continuum. He laughed and said:

"Funny so where was it?"
"I told you time/space continuum."
"No, where was it?"
"Time/space continuum"
"Where was it?"
"Vortex. Time/Space. Continuum."
"David where what it"
"You, heard Liz.".

He let out a very frustrated "fine!" and was silent for a few moments then asked one last time, "Okay, I really like to know, where was the ipod?" "I told you, a different time/space contiuum…vortex." Jay looked over at me and finished with, "You should have been born mute." I laughed so hard -so did David. Happy Days

Comments