Day One: A tale of woe and a guessing game

When packing there is always something forgotten. Yesterday I rode up to Bethany with friend; we are both taking seminars this week. She’s in the developmental psychology class and I’m taking James. My alarm clock did not make into my bags so I borrowed a one from one of the few remaining students on campus. There is a tick to setting it so the lender set it up for me. Worked like a charm, I woke this morning, did my thing and made it to breakfast early.

Due to series of unfortunate events not involving Count Olaf caused the start of the seminar to be delayed till 1:30. After lunch I returned to my room to read while waiting for the session to begin. At 1:25 I decided it was time to head across the street to class, not early but not late. I was surprised that there was no one else rushing to class. Walked down the hall and could here classes started. Confused I entered my classroom, which was Stairs 205 so everyone noticed me walk in late. Looked up at the clock 1:35. The clock was 10 minutes slow! Frustration and embarrassment. It is now set as ten minuets fast. If I am late tomorrow it will be totally my fault.

The class was good; I liked it. We discussed the topics normally found in an introduction to biblical books such as the historical setting, approximate time it was written, and authorship. I recognized the importance of these details before today but hadn’t really given them much thought. I accepted that James wrote James…but which one? Have you thought about it? Which James wrote the book of James or was it even a James? I’ll give the classes conclusion tomorrow.

Comments