Movie Night: Pan’s Labyrinth

Since it came out I’ve wanted to see Pan’s Labyrinth yet I avoided renting it. After reading Steph’s review I didn’t want to watch it lightly. I kept passing it over for lighter subjects and predictable plots till tonight. Tonight I finally watched Pan’s Labyrinth. It carried me away from the first note of its eerie lullaby till the closing credits. It was breathtaking and horrible and depressing and scary and wonderful. Nothing happened as I expected and that was a good thing. The evil was dark and the good struggled. There was hopelessness and joy. It brought me into the story so much I forgot I was reading subtitles. And there were so many beautiful visual concepts. I loved the chalk doors. I will watch it again before it has to go back. Take the time to see it.

Comments

Steph said…
I'm glad you liked it. I want to see it again, maybe next time you visit we can rent it?

Bena nd I are thinking of putting an offer in on a house, pray for us this week!