A Lack of Words...

It’s not writer’s block, but I have stared at an almost blank word document since 8:30pm. I have the thought and the desire to write it just hasn’t translated into actual typing tonight, yet. The words that are in the document were all from previous days. A week into writing and I feel 7,000 words behind. It is pressure that is keeping my head numb. Though, I like my story and where it is going.

The setting is a Christian college campus (they say write what you know) and follows two roommates their freshmen year who are day and night opposites. The roommates are about to met for the first time and I am trying to think up real things that will drive them crazy about the other person. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas they are willing to share (real or fictional) that I could adapt for my story?

NaNo Word Count: same as yesterday…

Comments

Jecca said…
one goes to bed early and the other likes to type real late on her computer, keeping the first roommate awake or buried under pillows to drown out the sound. :) i miss college sometimes.

also, maybe temperature sensitivities...i didn't deal with this, but know some people who did. one likes to sweat to death in the heat, the other prefers the cold to snuggle in blankets.

other ideas: different music tastes or decorating sense.
Elizabeth said…
Thanks, those are all perfect, I think I’ll work them all into the story.
Robin said…
One is a neat freak, the other really messy?
Steph said…
all of the above are things I've experienced on one side or the other....

There can also be some taste differences...as in "you can't put up that poster! it's wrong!" or "you watch that show? I'm shocked!"
Elizabeth said…
Again thanks everyone...most of these will make it into the story at some point.

Steph, I think the "you do that..." is going to be a conflict with a different character.
Steph said…
I'm at 6079...better get writing!