In A Nutshell

I am still enjoying See Jane Write. I just finished reading about the importance of secondary characters. The chapter gave advice about the details that make good characters. They are the elements found in beloved stories, those things you notice if they are missing but can not put to when the are –you just know it is good. I think the novel rewrite is going to be harder than the actual nanowrimo challenge.

The author shared a creative writing exercise she learned in high school that I thought was very "creative". You describe who you are by sharing a single event or action from your life. This moment sums up who you are as a person. I really liked the idea of using nutshell moments to define a person. It would give great background to characters. I struggled for a bit to think up mine. I kept coming back to this time in South Dakota, I was sitting alone on this massive rock on the edge of a cliff with my Bible and journal just seeking God.

Who are you in a nutshell?

Comments