Seeking Nine Brave Souls

Have you considered participating in Nanowrimo this year? I am looking for nine people to join me on the noveling quest. Nano was a great writing experience.

There is a personal challenge to it; it was me against me (and time) attempting writing glory. Okay, not “writing glory,” my first noval was far from glory. The event creators strongly emphases that this is all about quantity not quality. I loved being apart of the forums, word wars, the late nights, and watching my little nano word count bar fill up. Finishing nano is wonderful; the “prize” for competition is the warm feeling of success, a downloadable certificate, and bragging rights for a year.

Why nine? While checking out the nano store, I discovered “the group of ten noveling kit.” I liked it. The kit has a chart that comes with completion stickers (which reminds me of Sunday school attendance charts) AND ten “novelist" pins for those who reach/surpass the 50k goal. It was the pins that attracted me, I started thinking this could be a fun group experience. It would make it more personal. I loved last year cheering on Jessica and having her encourage me. If there was a group there would be more encouraging. Also I’d like a pin. Pins are cool. I am strongly thinking about purchasing it if people are interested.

Last year more than 100,000 people around the world participate with more than 15,000 of them succeeding. This could be your year to write a novel, earn the glory of finishing, and a pin. What do you think? If you have already signed up my user name is Little1liz.

Comments

Jecca said…
YAY nano-ers! i honestly have no ideas for a novel but i'm super excited. i love the challenge of writing because i really don't do it any other time of the year.

i concur with Liz, readers...it's a truly awesome and fun experience that stretches your imagination and by the end, you feel a great sense of accomplishment. so please, JOIN US!!!
Steph said…
I'm in again! Actually had time to come up with a plot today!