"Ethics" –Sunday Scribbling

I’m withdrawing from knitting Olympics. It might be silly since it is only a personal challenge. Before the Olympics began I had seven rows already completed. My plan was to rip the rows out and re-cast on after the Olympic flame was lit. When it came time to rip out the rows I couldn’t. I couldn’t rip out rows with no mistakes.

I could just finish project without ripping back. No one would know when I cast on. I even considered subtracting the amount of time the seven rows had taken from my time. No one else would have known (most wouldn’t care) and the prize is only a web button. But it would have been a lie. I still am going to aim to finish the slippers this month just not as part of the challenge.
For more ethical thoughts at Sunday Scribblings

Comments

Old Egg said…
It is so easy to cheat but harder to be honest. Well done.
Anonymous said…
Go to ravelry.com for a WIP event for items such as yours, in what is called "ravlympics".
(If you are not already a ravelry member you have to sign on - and join the over 600,000 knitters and crocheters.)

Ravelry.com has patterns, patterns, patterns! For free and for sale. And it is a place to talk about knitting, discover new technique tips, list WIPs, etc. etc. - all in one place!

Sorry if this information is too late.
Janey
janeyknitting (AT) yahoo (DOT) ca
(Change bracketed caps to symbols and lose the spaces.)