I Ate Paper

While it may be a good source of fibre eating paper is not something I normally do. Before Sunday evening I can't actually recall a time that I swallowed paper. So what lead to this strange behaviour? -A very challenging call to action.

Sunday evening was the 5th anniversary of RITV (a monthly interdenominational youth service in my area). The speaker was looking at the nature of Christ’s love for us and our need to live in love. To close he read Ezekiel 3:1-3

And he said to me, "Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the house of Israel." So I opened my mouth, and he gave me the scroll to eat. Then he said to me, "Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it." So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth.

And then he gave the choice to act. He had strips of paper prepared with the word “Love” on them and said we could take one stuff it in our pockets and maybe think about being love during the week. Or we could come up and physically eat the paper and in that act decided to take God’s message of love to the people. It was strange, different, and memorable. He even had honey to dip the paper in to make it “taste sweet”. Honey did not help with the swallowing.

More good from Sunday: Scott was away so there was a guest preacher, Wayne Fevens. These two quotes are from his message:

“Many Christians have just enough of Jesus to make them feel guilty when they do something wrong but not enough to live a joyful life.”

“It seems to me the harder I try to say the right thing, do the right thing, or have the right attitude, there’s something or someone that blows the light out and I ask myself, ‘What kind of Christian are you?’ The problem is that I’m trying to live a life like Jesus rather than letting Jesus live his life through me.”

Comments