Market Day

After a youth lock-in (using the word sleep-over just isn't cool) I should have just gone home to bet, should have but didn't. With a statement like that you might think this is going to be a tale of woe...but it isn't.

I dropped off Becca at her place in Wolfville intent on soon sleeping but saw the sign for the Wolfville Farmers (indoor) Market and decided to pop in and have a look. I couldn't find a parking spot and I didn't have space to turn around. I was beginning to fear I would have to back up and just go home. I hate backing up, dread it really. Just in my moment of despair a van behind me left freeing up a space. In a moment of boldness and courage I backed into the spot. Me, back-in? Unheard of. From that moment I knew it would be a good day.

I had some great finds at the market carrots, potatoes, locally made feta, freshly baked croissants, and a lamb samosa. But by far the best purchase was two skeins of dyed green wool (I believe they were also locally dyed and spun). They are beautiful. I don't know what I am going to knit with them but that isn't the point. Gorgeous wool is.

Comments