The Simple Woman's Daybook 4

FOR TODAY: February 8, 2010

Outside my window...more snow
I am thinking...I’m overtired or at least I was. I went to bed last night at 4:30pm till 7:30am today had a shower then needed a nap.
I am thankful for...volunteers, how could anything happen (think about non-profit things like church) without dedicated and wonderful volunteers?
From the kitchen...Curry and Fries, not from my kitchen but The King’s Arm Pub. I had lunch today and order the chicken curry on fries for the first time ever. It was wonderful.
I am wearing...hiking-winter boots, miss-matched socks, jeans, maroon blouse, and my signature gray stripped hat.
I am creating...baby blanket and slippers (still)
I am going...to a church board meeting tonight
I am reading... Free-range knitter, What the Psychic Told the Pilgrim, Jane Eyre, R is for Ricochet, Julie and Julia, and Simply Strategic Volunteers
I am hoping...to hang some pictures this week
I am to listen...CBC radio or Add to the Beauty by Sara Groves
Around the house...wasn’t really “around the house” last week so I have a mound of things like dishes and laundry to take care of this week.
One of my favourite things...tea, I really like a warm cup of tea. Today’s choice it White Pomegranate from Tim Hortons
A few plans for the rest of the week: clear kitchen counters and next week’s Olympic themed children’s church lesson.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
I'm still missing Japan, this is two of my closest friends taken in 2006.
From left to right: me, Maki, Tiffany

You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Comments

Rhonda said…
I like the mismatched socks! ;o) We have more snow again today and it is still going. (AR)