The Simple Woman's Daybook 6

FOR TODAY: February 22, 2010

Outside my window...a quiet main street (I’m at the coffee shop again. This time connecting with my writing group; we meet twice a month.)
I am thinking...about the writing the last person shared, which got me thinking I want to re-read The Lord of the Rings
I am thankful for...meals with friends. Cooking for others is a simple joy.
From the kitchen...tortellini with a veggie full (mushrooms, garlic, onions, and yellow, red, and green peppers) meat sauce for dessert we had raspberries and blueberries in strawberry yogurt.
I am wearing...winter boots, jeans, a Japanese-ish belt, red Revive concert tee, and my beloved grey stripped hat.
I am creating...a novel (on the second draft of my nano story and slowing blowing on thanks to encouragement from the writing group)
I am going...home after we’re done here.
I am reading...Julie and Julia. I’m trying to focus on one book because I only have three chapters left and it is a week late. I don’t mind the last fees, my library is taking donations to the food bank to banker as late fees in February.
I am hoping...to work my story this week.
I am hearing...the chatter and critiques of the writing group.
Around the house...I’ve been in my apartment almost four years about other than my rubber ducky bathroom there is little that speaks to who I am. I am going to be adding my own touch over the month. Two start I want to hang some pictures and posters and some Asian paper lanterns I bought this summer.
One of my favorite things...Mary Kay apricot hand scrub.
A few plans for the rest of the week: re-organize my office and prepare for the youth groups; over-nighter this Friday.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...I have a picture to share BUT I can't find the camera cable to upload the picture.

You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Comments

You wrote your daybook during a meeting?
Hope you're enjoying Julia and Julia
Mama Bear
Elizabeth said…
Um...yes and no. Yes because it was a “meeting” and I was writing. But no because our meetings are less like meetings and more like friends chatting with people reading in between. We're all on laptops last night writing something at some point except the lady next to me who was knitting. When someone shares we all stop, listen, talk about what’s been read, then have quiet chats with the people right next to us. Everyone gets very off topic (I write my daybook) then we start the cycle again. There were seven of us last night, six shared…it took two hours.

I’m liking the book now, I didn’t at first. I think it’s because I had already seen the movie and thought I knew what was coming. The last three chapters have been more enjoyable.