The Simple Woman's Daybook 10

FOR TODAY: March 22, 2010
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my window...the curtains are drawn

I am thinking...about writing, books, my to do list, and overdue books I need to find.

I am thankful for...people who believe in me.

From the kitchen...lleftovers

I am wearing...FLIP FLOPS (It's Spring if the weather agrees or not), jeans, black Batman tee, coral three-quarter-length-sleeve cardigan, and a green scarf.

I am creating...order.

I am going...to Just Us tonight for writing group.

I am reading...The Ruby Key, Tuck Everlasting, R is for Ricochet, and Free-Range Knitter.

I am hoping...to add pink and purple "peek-a-boo" foils to my hair later this week.

I am hearing...the computer run and the clicking of the keyboard, everything else is quiet.

Around the house...a mountain of laundry to do and the start of the spring cleaning.

A few plans for the rest of the week: …going to Halifax this weekend to participate in Jesus to the Nations.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

One wall of the recently organized children's ministry resource room/closet.

I should have taken a before picture because it's hard to explain how bad things actually were. Before, everything was everywhere. The shelves were cluttered anything that would fit anyway it could and floor littered with hula-a-hoops, posters, large tots, and anything that didn't fit on the shelves. Things weren't even grouped together. I found bottles of glue in six different places.

Over March Break a dedicated team help me take everything out of the room, throw out the unneeded, sort the good, buy the boxes you see, organize the supplies, and re-stock the shelves. 10+ bags of garbage (and recyclables) later I only have a few items left that need to find homes which I will do tomorrow afternoon.

Comments

I enjoyed Tuck Everlasting when I read it. Your organizational project looks great!
Anonymous said…
Can't find your e-address anywhere else. Have had a note unsent for several days:
For Liz of NaNoWriMo

See NaKniSweMo: http://www.knitgrrl.com/?p=378

(See you next Monday, maybe.)
Jane
Elizabeth said…
Thanks Amber for visiting. I'm near the end of Tuck Everlasting and still enjoying it.

Thank you Jane link. I was away over March Break and didn't check my emails now I'm behind. I'll your message soon.