Beginnings, Clarifications, and Laughter

After reading my 30 Before 30 List, Gina, who remembers my 25 Challenge, noticed that there were a few repeats on this list. She's right, there are about ten things that I've done at some point before. My reasoning is that unless I am intentional some of my favourite activities like star searching, running, or going to plays never happen. I get to wrapped up in the details of routine I forget to enjoy life.

The 30 Before 30 is my attempts at being intentional. I'm Four days into the project and I am very optimistic. Things normally positive at the beginning. I've started five (9, 11, 18, 19, & 28) of the challenges and completed one (24). Check out the fun photo booth pictures.

It's a good start and I have plans to reach the other 29 goals. The following is some clarifications friends wanted regarding the list. Maybe you're curious too?:
  1. Does number four "jump out of an airplane" required the plane to be in the flying -yes.
  2. If I am going to send a letter a week, who is getting the "A"? -I laughed.
  3. You've never gone camping? -I have but I always slept in a tent or a lean-to.
  4. Learn to cook a meal, what's that about and can someone help you? -A chance to learn something new and yes someone could help me cook the meal.
  5. You're going to memorize ALL of James? -That's the plan.
Early this evening I went to see "Shakespeare on Trial" with Donna from my writing group, in Wolfville. The play was hilarious. Our laughter echoed throughout the theater but we couldn't stop laughing. I found this blurb about the play.

"Writer Bill Shakespeare encounters four of his own most famous characters: MacBeth, Iago, Hamlet and Juliet up-close, personal and ticked off, in a new one-man play that explores the Bard’s accessibility and relevance in the world today. A new play by Jeremy Webb."

I haven't laughed this hard in awhile. Going to see local theater is a wonderful experience. If there is a community theater, stage, or show in your area I strongly recommend seeing a show. If money is tight matinees are often cheaper and some theaters have "pay what you can" nights to have an audience at dress rehearsals.

Comments