The Simple Woman's Daybook 22

FOR TODAY: June 15, 2010
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my window...the sun's too bright so the curtains are closed to limit the glare off my computer screen.

I am thinking...that challenges are funny things like mini adventures and life. All have a flow to them with highs and lows. When you start you're all pumped and excited till emotions change or things become difficult. Then you have to decided am I going to push through this or just give up. I almost gave up on finishing my novel re-write. I was overwhelmed and frustrated and ready to delete the whole story (even the original rough draft). I didn't and more satisfied with the whole writing process.

I am thankful for...farmers markets.

From the kitchen...I made beef stroganoff (without a mix) I was giddy with the accomplishment all weekend. I'm going to have the last of the leftovers for lunch today. I also bought pork chops from the farmers market on Saturday and cooked them last night. I hadn't attempted pork chops before because I didn't like them as a child. I was pleasantly surprised.

I am wearing...sandals I don't like, jeans, purple tank, blue tee, and a jean jacket...weird that's the same outfit I wore a week ago (I did laundry yesterday). Does anyone else do that, have a favourite outfit just a top so as soon as its clean you wear it and then have to wait for the next laundry day?

I am creating...a new opening to my novel. A friend is editing it right now. If anyone wants to be a beta reader (someone who reads and gives thoughts but isn't about editing the actual words or grammar). please leave a message. I'm also creating a healthy home with the Apartment Therapy eight week cure.

I am going...to work.

I am reading...Food Rules, The Weekend Novelist Re-Writes the Novel, S is for Silence, Prayer Works, When Nothing Matters Any More, Your First Two Years of Youth Ministry, Children's Ministry in the 21st Century, and Simply Strategic Volunteers.

I am hoping...to stay focused only 15 days till the nanowrimo Create Space free proof copy offer is over. I must submit my revised second draft before the end of this month if I want to own a copy.

I am hearing...sounds of me typing.

Around the house...More "Apartment Therapy" projects...with all the other stuff going on lately (preaching at two youth retreats, the novel, a visit to Moncton, writing group, and preparing for summer programs) I decided to make this week two. I only have one task left. Clean my whole kitchen from top to bottom but that is huge. It includes washing all surfaces (including all selves and walls), cleaning the over and fridge, changing the contact paper on shelves, removing unused, chipped, or mismatched dishes, sorting through the pantry getting rid of anything expired or unopened (and not used in the past 12 months) or old sauces/oils that have just sat of the shelf forever.

One of my favorite things...new books.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

For more daily photos visit the 365 Picture Challenge.

Comments