Appreciation

I’ve been humbled and blessed. The past two days have been a out pouring of appreciation from both Wolfville Wrimos and my church family. Yesterday was “ML Appreciation” but one of the girls thought it was Thursday creating a two day event. Some of the cool things that happened were a full inbox of encouraging NaNo mail, cookies and other baked goods, and donation 0n my behalf to the Office of Letters and Lights. That’s not why I do all the planning but it does make me smile and actually feel appreciated.

Then today was a huge day of joy and joyfulness from my church family for Pastor Appreciation. Again this isn’t why I do what I do but it does make me smile and then humble me. It was too much. It was wonderful. Again, I was humbled and blessed. All I can say is thank you. Thank you to God and thank you to my church family. I am at a church that loves God and loves me and it is wonderful to be part of what God is doing.

Both days got me thinking about appreciation and how we as a culture say thank you. We have a special day for parents, for administrative staff, of NaNo MLs but we know that one day of gifts doesn't really cover all that those people do or mean. But these times help honour those we care about. Do we really say how we feel clear enough? When have you felt appreciated?

Comments