The Simple Woman's Daybook 43

FOR TODAY: January 16, 2011
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my window...blinds are closed because it's too bright with the glare of the sun off the fresh snow.

I am thinking...I'm post-sermon-processing (I preached in both services today), I always over think what I said and wonder if I should have said this or that. I'm also thinking that I love C.S. Lewis quotes and it's time for a nap.

I am thankful for...God healing and protection of a friend of my who had a serious head injury yesterday from a bad fall while skiing but who is stable and home now and doing much much better.

From the kitchen...been making a lot of chicken salads. The bonus was I only ate out three times this week and all were because I was connecting with someone. When I had those lunches out I actually chose good food and didn't eat too much. I think it's a good food week.

I am wearing...brown Mary-Jane-ish shoes, with a black and white patterned skirt, and a black blouse. I know brown shoes do not go with black but they were more comfortable to preach in.

I am creating...knitting

I am going...first to home for a mini nap then on to the youth service RITV later tonight

I am reading...Fiction on Fire, In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day, The Help and Leviathan (audio).

I am hoping...for a very productive day tomorrow

I am hearing...Farscape

Around the house...I'm thinking about switching my office and my bedroom.

One of my favorite things...new sci-fi shows

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Comments

Jamie said…
Visiting your blog for the first time, following the link on the Simple Woman's Daybook - shocked to see my home town (that is Jacksonville, Florida in your photos correct?). I was confused by the snow reference but surely - anyway, thought I would wave hello from Florida.