Decluttering Day 2

The Before:
"...and the truth will set you free.” -John 8:22

I wanted to wait till the 31-Days was finished before sharing the "before pictures." Then I could be like, "see how bad it was but I have overcome!" Which I think would have been less embarrassing than showing the clutter in the midst of the process. But I also need to be honest with myself. So here it is, my clutter:



Note: The boxes and stuff in the first three photos were actually in the "office/storage" room (the last two photos) before the "before shot" but I had to relocate them to the living room and kitchen table make enough room in the "office" to get in the room and begin decluttering.

Day 1 Follow Up:
I started last night frustrated and overwhelmed, I mean defeated and ready to give up overwhelmed. So I took a break and did my devotional reading which included Philippians 4:13 "Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am." That helped me get started two hours later:
  • One extra large garbage and two recycling bags left my house
  • I had found two library books I lost three years ago, a painting I was looking for, my deely-boppers, and some other "lost" items
  • And my "sell/donate/give away" box was about the same size as the "keep/decided later" box.
Day 2: Finishing Up the Storage Room
Tonight I am returning to the "office/storage" home. I have a wall the totes and boxes in the last picture to go through, a shelf of craft supplies, and all my CDs.

Comments