Before and After

"Who are YOU?"

"This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. Alice replied, rather shyly, `I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'"

-Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
from the chapter titled Advice from a Caterpillar
I woke up looking like this:

Which really wasn't a surprise since that has been the look I have woke up with the past three months. However, that is not how I'll look when I go to bed tonight. I have been considering a new cut or dying it for the summer. It started as a silly wondering. I wonder what I'd look like with a pixie cut or crazy long hair. It was an idea I would normally ignore.

But the idea grew, for the past two months, I teeter-tottered between 75% to 94% certain a big hair change would happen before summer. But I still didn't put the ideas into motion. Last month Best Friend was even willing to take me during my visit....and I chickened out (I was about 64% sure of the idea at the time). I liked my hair and the color. That doesn't happen often. I didn't want to make a drastic style choice that I would regret. I hear my dad saying "you know the difference between a good and bad hair cut? -two weeks."

Tomorrow is my youth group's 2nd Annual Thrift Shop Formal Banquet. The concept is everyone buys their formal (and/or ugly outfit) from a second-hand store. This might be my favouritest event EVER! The theme this year is Alice in Wonderland. I am beyond excited. I love the outfit I've put together. The dress is awesome; pictures will be share later. I paid $10 for it and found the original $250 price tag still inside! I've also crafted a neat headpiece.The preparations for the banquet gave me reason to "journey down the rabbit hole" and try a new look. The uncertainty left this morning. I called and made an appointment after work and...


And the before and after pictures side by side

Tomorrow it is off to Wonderland!

Comments

Nuchtchas said…
I LOVE IT!

How is it you can always drastically change your hair and it always looks amazing?

This just blows my socks off.
Jecca said…
oh my gosh liz! cute! i'd love to see it spikey!!! :)