July 29's Friday Five + 5 + A Life Update

Details about the 31-day challenge is at the bottom of this post:
The Friday5 - Public Options:
  1. When did you last use a public restroom?
  2. Today
  3. When did you last ride public transportation?
  4. Six years ago
  5. How far away from your home is the nearest public housing?
  6. No idea...
  7. Which of your public utilities is the least reliable?
  8. Um...?
  9. What did you last view on public television or listen to on public radio?
  10. Is CBC public? If so listened to Q last week.
The Friday Five - Random:
(Pickles!) hee hee I don't think anyone who reads this will get that.
  1. What did you have for breakfast today?
  2. Tea
  3. What chore do you hate the most?
  4. The dishes
  5. Do you have a lucky piece? If yes, give details.
  6. No
  7. Describe one of the best laughs you have ever had.
  8. So back in college during the Semester of No Laughter, the friend who originated the "random pickles" thing and I went for supper at KFC. I had my usual including a bottle of orange juice. And I had a whole "how to drink orange juice from bottle" ritual.I first had to shaking the bottle take two or three times, remove cap, take one or two sips and then tightly secure the cap.

    On this day, in the midst of the Semester of No Laughter and I was so stressed out, I missed the last step: "securely" replace cap. The next time I picked up the bottle and shook the cap and orange juice went flying everywhere. EVERYWHERE. It was simple but it was hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing. This simple slap stick moment returned laughter to my life. So much so that for the next few years anytime friend said orange juice I would crack up all over again.
  9. What song always manages to cheer you up?
  10. One and Lonely by Superchick
A Life Update:
  1. I did not eat the chocolate frog while watching Harry Potter because I forgot the frog at home.

  2. I will see Best Friend and U2 tomorrow. I am not sure which I am more excited for but I think it's Best Friend!

  3. I have started walking with Kimberly three times a week at 6:30am well as close to 6:30am as I'm able to wake up. Kimberly has had to call me twice because I've slept through my alarm. But I'm walking again!

  4. While walking Kimberly and I talk about everything including my decluttering crisis. She suggested I look at FlyLady.net. After reading half the articles I've decided to give it a try starting with Beginner Baby Steps. What I like about it her method is:
    1) Their acronym for CHAOS -Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome
    2) The focus on creating new habits slowly over time
    3) The removal of pressure to be done in a month. I read something like "this isn't a sprint it took you time to get into this state it will take time to fix the problem.
    4) The continual reminders and encouragements that it is possible and not to be a perfectionist
    5) That when the basics are mastered or just become too mundane there are new challenges and weekly missions to keep me motivated.
    I am very hopeful that someday I will over come the CHAOS and FlyLady seems to have the best approach. I'm starting tonight by cleaning my sink. Anyone want to join me for the beginner challenge? It's only 31 days and the tasks are all very doable and I'd love the company.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah, I will join you, Liz. If only to say I was "this close" to someone who went to see U2.

Must warn you though, I have never gotten much beyond the sink cleaning with my previous Fly Lady attempts.

So someone else should join us - to ensure that Liz does have some company in a few days time.

Jane(y)
jandhj2@yahoo.ca