March's Reading Challenge Review

March has been another great book month. I'm still staying ahead of my set book quota (seven books). I read nine this month. Also, the reading challenges are going better than expected. I completed three challenges and am close to finishing four more.

I finished Suzanne Collins' Hunger Game series. I think the second one might have been my favourite but they were all good and worth reading. I'm glad I read them before seeing the movie (which I haven't seen yet). Another great YA fiction was City of Bones, I liked the twists.

One of my favourite reads was Becoming the Answer to Our Prayers –Shane Claiborne & Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove. I picked it up Saturday at Jesus to the Nations missions conferences and had it finished by Sunday night. I will be re-reading it later this month.

And now for the challenges update:
1. Name: 2012 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge
Goal: Level I - 5 books
Books Read: 4/5

2. Name: Finishing the Series 2012 VICTORY!
Goal: Level 3 - finish three series
Series Read: 4/3

3. Name: Mystery & Suspense Reading Challenge 2012
Goal: Level 1 -read 12 books
Books Read: 2/12

4. Name: Mount TBR Reading Challenge
Goal: Pike's Peak -12 books from the TBR pile
Books Read: 5/12

5. Name: 2012 Audio Book Challenge
Goal: Going Steady -listen to 12 audio books
Books Read: 6/12

6. Name: 2012 Dystopian Challenge VICTORY!
Goal: Intermediate Post World Trainee 4-6 books
Books Read: 5/4

7. Name: The Reading Challenge Addict Challenge VICTORY!
Goal: Easy as Pie 1-5 Challenges completed
Completed Challenges: 2/1-5

8. Name: Speculative Fiction Challenge
Goal: In Nirvana - 24 novels
Books Read: 15/24

9. Name: 1st in a Series Challenge
Goal: Series Lover -6 books
Books Read: 4/6

10. Name: 2nds Challenge
Goal: A Full Plate -12 books
Books Read: 5/12

11. Name: New Authors Challenge 2012
Goal: 15 New Authors
New Authors Discovered: 13/15

12. Name: Read the Bible 2012Books Read: 0/66 -using One Year Bible

13. Name: 2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge
Goal: The Mini YA Challenge -12 books
Books Read: 9/12

14. Name: What's In A Name 5
Goal: Read a title that fits all 6 categories
Books Read: 1/6

15. Name: All the Books of Pern Challenge 2012
Goal: Blue - 6 books
Books Read: 4/6

16. Name: Game of Thrones Reading Challenge 2012
Goal: Read the series - 5 books
Books Read: 0/5

17. Name: 2012 Women's Murder Club Reading Challenge
Goal: Level 5 books
Books Read: 2/5

18. Name: 2012 Chunkster Challenge
Goal: The Chubby Chunkster - 4 books
Books Read: 3/4

19. Name: Tea & Books Reading Challenge
Goal: Chamomile Lover - 2 books
Books Read: 0/2

20. Name: Outdo Yourself 2012
Goal: Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books
Books Read: 0/11

Comments

Anonymous said…
What were your instructions regarding the Best Word meeting that was scheduled for Easter Monday?

I forgot.
Jane(y)
jandhj2@yahoo.ca