My Moving Adventures - Step 1: The Massive Purge

It's just two days till I move into my new place. Like everything else, moving is a process. A successful move begins long before the moving trunk arrives, or in my case 8 friends some of who have trucks and/or trailers.

For any long time readers, you would be aware that decluttering has been a long time goal, challenge, and stress in my life. I just had too much stuff. "My Moving Adventures" began mid September when three wonderful friend announced they were invading my house the next Monday. They were coming to help me give, donate, or throw things. Long before I could even think about moving I had to purge.

That Monday and the next two we sorted, divided, and conquered. I could not have done it without those ladies (thank you!!!). The grand total is:

20 bags of garbage/recycling 4 bags of clothes for donation
6 boxes of donated "stuff" and books
3 boxes of things that could be at the church
an assortment of cardboard boxes and a number of items like a indoor green house unit that my friends found homes for.
This was a picture from the first purge day, all but that wooden shelf and the three garbage bins did not return to the house!
Moving Step 1  - The Massive Purge
Come back tomorrow for Step 2 of My Moving Adventure

Comments