So It Begins...

NaNoWriMo is a upon us again.

For those new the acronym, NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month. An international challenge to write a novel of 50,000 words in 30 days. It comes out to being 1,667 words a day. Last night two writing friend joined me to count down till midnight at which point we all began frantically writing. I was about the daily goal before I went to bed.

This is my 6th year participating and hopefully my 6th win. I am feeling very confident about my story but I always do the first day. NaNoWriMo is stressful fun. It will be a different story mid month, around the 30,000 word mark. The world is a lot dark at 30k, as explained in one of my favourite NaNoWriMo Songs "The NaNoWriMo Song." Talks With Snakes made an updated version of the song:


With NaNo here it also means the return one of my favourite things -NaNoToons :) The site has the archives of past nanotoons and 15 October Prologue to tie last years story with this years story. Much fun. Yay November, it might but my favourite month.

Novel: The Muse's Mix-Up
Word Count: 2,215/50,000

Comments