WIP -September 25

Knitting: Fingerless Gloves
I was at the cuff when I decided that they are still too big, so I ripped them out again. I've knit to just about the place were the thumb should be attached but the decreases aren't looking rights. My solution is to ripe back a third time and try something else.

Progress is being made! I have all the fingers finished except an index finger. I've also joined the four fingers of the left handed glove. Tonight I hope to attach the thumb. I am glad I started over. The fit is much better.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've never knit gloves. Congrats to you, ES.
It seems to me like too much chopping and changing.
Gloves would be worse than knitting mittens even, and the chopping and changing of mittens is the reason why I dislike knitting them.
By "chopping and changing" I mean that one is always having to do something different BEFORE getting into a flow.
Socks on the other hand, have two areas where "flow" develops - when knitting the leg and when knitting the foot. A person can just knit along without paying much attention.

Fingers crossed you have no more re-starting to do.

Take care,
Jane(y)
jakeandjane AT ns DOT sympatico DOT ca