Thankful Thursday #193 -December 4

It has been too long since I wrote one of these posts. November's writing all goes to NaNoWriMo. It was good for the wordcount but maybe not as good for the health of my soul.

Tonight in my small group discuss at youth group we were talking about habits that help us when life gets difficult. The standard answers were given: pray, read the Bible, and go to church, which all can be good answers if they aren't rote responses. I got excited when one of the girls shared that what helps her is being thankful and telling God what she is thankful for. I shared how the regular writing of Thankful Thursdays in the past has been a huge help to me. Four of the girls decided to make a list of what they are thankful for, inspiring me to write a second blog post today.

I am thankful for...

1) the teens in my youth group. The discussion tonight was awesome but it is more than just those 'great" moments. I am excited every time in engage with them. They are a great group and it is neat seeing them take steps of faith, discover their passions, and grow into the people God made them to be.

2) Lindsay. She gave the message tonight and it was good. I did not get to tell her yet (so I hope she reads this) that my group really connected with what she said and how she said it. She also formed a great set of questions for the small group time. I know my group was engaged. It was a joy, Lindsay grew up in this church, was part of my youth group, attended Bible college, and is now helping lead while she prepares to go overseas. I am thankful that God has allowed me to watch her faith journey so this far.

3) Mollie is home!

4) friend hugs even when they are because I held board games as ransom.

5) New GAME!!! It is joyful.

6) Potentially have someone to play the lead in the Christmas musical...I hope.

7) The Van Meekerens! There are many times and reasons I have for being thankful for this family but this week they helped me fold and staple 80 5 page booklets. It took me an hour to almost fold 20. Their help was more than a time saver, it also made folding fun. People make tasks more better :p

8) Kurt for volunteering with me this week at Inn From the Cold.

9) Bruce and Sharon for hosting Life Group this past week and because they shared their yummy favoured maple syrup in my tea.

10) Video chats with my sister. I love you Boo!

11) Justine! Best Co-ML Ever!!!

12) NaNoWriMo is done for another year and as a bonus I won!

Comments