Top Ten Who-Crosses

Happy Sunday and Day 14 of the Whovian Countdown! I had the best conversation with a four-year-old at church today. It went something like this:
Four: "Pastor Wiz, I have something to tell you; it is about The Doctor."
Me: "Okay Four, I love Doctor Who."
Four: "That's why I wanted to show you something. I got something special to show you, but I left it at home. I have a sonic screwdriver because I know about sonic screwdrivers. I watch Doctor Who with my big sister.
Me: "Four that is awesome."
Four: "Also, so you know the TARDIS is a flying machine that is bigger on the inside. You know that right."
Me: "That is true."
Yep, that was how my day started :) On will the blog -for today's Fan-Fun I've got ten great geeky Doctor Who crossovers.

cross·o·ver  (krôsvr, krs-)

  1. A place at which or the means by which a crossing is made.
  2. A short connecting track by which a train can be transferred from one line to another. 
  3. A blending or "mash-up" of two different story-world ie: Doctor Who and....

10) Doctor Who-Calvin and Hobbs
I loved some of the memes that came out two Christmases ago after "The Snowmen" but it is also as great as:
Let's just assume if Hobbes was travelling with The Doctor, he's probably trapped in an alternate dimension where the atmosphere is a mixture of argon and regret. Oh, and instead of a sun they just have a big ass ball of burning unrequited love beating down upon them.
by Joel Waston www.hijinksensue.com
Box of Time and Space

9) Doctor Who-Sessus
 
8) Doctor Who-Psych

7) Doctor Who-Potter
Witch in the Fireplace
But also this...
And the BuzzFed List of actors who have been in the Harry Potter movies and on Doctor Who.

6) Doctor Who-Pilgrim
Scott Pilgrim is one of my all time favourite movies. I've lost count how many times I've watched it, so this T-Shirt from the Shirt List made me very happy.
The Doctor VS. The Universe

5) Doctor Who-Firefly
The Time Job, Firefly + Doctor Who / TARDIS, Large print
by John Surmrow
You can buy a print at his esty store.
4) Doctor Who-Minions
The Minions have the Police Box by onebluebird
Stealing Time

3) Doctor Who Disney
I mentioned the other day that I love anything by Karen Hillon. She's already been mentioned once in this post for Witch in the Fireplace. She created these great images of princess and other Disney characters meeting the Doctor or interacting with the TARDIS. This is a screen shot of a few of her work I found on google.


2) Doctor Who-Trek
Mark was the first to tell me about about a Doctor Who-Star Trek crossover comic. I want to read! I found the artwork on WIRED.com's article on the comic, "Doctor Who and Star Trek Meet in Comics Crossover."

1) Doctor Who-Sherlock
There is so much out there that pairs these tow together. This might be one of the best:

Do you have any to add to the list? Share in the comments and come back tomorrow for Merry Monday, I'll be sharing my favourite Christmas crossover.

The BBC Countdown to Christmas Advent: Discover Day 11's gift here
Countdown Till Christmas Special Airs: 11 sleeps
Countdown Till Sister Hugs and Family Visit: 11 sleeps
Countdown Till This Whovian sees the Christmas Special: 12 sleeps
Tomorrow's Countdown Post: A Merry Whovian Monday
Yesterday's Countdown Post: Ten TARDIS Gift Ideas for a Whovian
Episodes Watched Today: The Unicorn and the Wasp, Silence in the Library, Forest of the Dead, Midnight, Turn Left, The Stolen Earth, and The Journey's End

I'm trying to decided if I want to watch the specials or just jump to series 5. I remember being "mleh" about the dessert plant one, I hated Waters of Mars, and the last one will make me cry...at the same it is still part of the Tenth's run. What are your thoughts -watch or skip? Leave a comment.

Comments