Wednesday's Weekly Sketch #1 -A Tree

I don't know when it happened but I stopped drawing. I've missed it. The missing is why I added challenge #22 "Draw" to the list of 33 While 33. Only I didn't have a plan on how or what "draw" would look like. Eight months into the challenge year I still hadn't drawn anything.

Inspired by the photo bloggers' "Wordless Wednesdays" I remembered that in high school, my art teacher had a weekly sketch assignment. Every Wednesday we had to hand in a pencil sketch of something. While I enjoyed drawing I always felt like it was just busy work. At the time I failed to see that she was helping us improve our skills. It worked at keeping us drawing. So I am going to restart the weekly assignment as a personal quest to include drawing in my life.

Each week I am going to post a new sketch on Wednesdays, as noted by the very creative title. I didn't have much wordy-creativity at the time. If you have any suggestions for a better series name please share? Does it even need a title? I don't want to leave sketch posts blank. What do you think, does it need a weekly title or something else? Please share your thoughts in the comments. Also are you are interested in joining in on the weekly sketch challenge? If you do post the link to your sketch in the comments.



Comments