April's 33 Challenge Review

I hadn't realized, till a friend asked what I wanted for my birthday, that I only have 20 days left to complete the remaining 33 While 33 challenge. Twenty days is not enough time. (I am completely ignoring the fact that I had 365 days to work with). Before I panic it might be wise to check in on the progress. Challenges are groups together based on their progress status. The numbers match the original order of the challenges. This is how things stand:

Challenges Completed Since February's Review -1
23. Grow something
Challenges Yet to be Started -4
2. Paint the canvas
16. Create a photo book
28. Be flexible
24. Be a vegetarian for 30 days
30. Send one of my works of fiction to a publisher

Challenges Started/In Process -6
3. Read the whole Bible
4. Finish 11 non-fiction books
9. Plan a trip
11. Mail letters
31. Do something I've been putting off

Completed Challenges -22
1. Choose a "My One Word" to focus my 33rd year: Abide
5. Go some place new
6. Serve/help/volunteer in a new way
7. Capture Happiness every day
8. Count my blessings
10. Remember Birthdays
12. Visit my Grandma Stewart
13. Build a snowman with my sister
14. Take a hot air balloon ride with my mum
15. Go for a hike in the woods 
17. Learn a new skill
18. Make a new friend
19. Reconnect with past friends
20. Dance
21. Try a new food
22. Draw
25. Sleep under the stars
26. Celebrate an obscure or odd "holiday"
27. Send flowers
29. Get lost in a corn maze
32. Host a murder mystery
33. Go on a date

23 challenges completed! That leaves 11 challenge to be finished by April 25. I've already resigned that not everything will be completed this year but I haven't fully given up. Many are still possible. The canvas could be a simple day project. I can touch my toes, that might count for being flexible. The trip planning is going well, I've mailed letters, and have plans to finish something I've been putting off. That is five challenges I know I can finish.

The ones I haven't left myself enough time are reading the Bible, reading 11 non-fiction books, and being a vegetarian for 30 days. But I've had more progress or success in those areas this year than I would have without the challenge. So that is a victory for me. The whole point of these challenges is to enhance my experiences and life.

 The two that probably won't happen are the photo book and the mailing a publisher for different reasons. I have resigned myself to that fact but I might surprise myself. We shall see, there is still 20
days.

Comments