Season 9 Prequels

In recent years one of the fun things the BBC has been giving fans are prequels and mini episodes. They are great fun. They are often clever, insightful, and expand the appreciation of the Whovian universe. A friend also noted that they allow writers to tell neat stories that would not fill a whole episode but make for interesting information.

The trouble is that these minis seem impossible to find. In most cases I didn't even know of their existence till long after the episode they are prequelling has aired. Then after discovering their existence there is the challenge of finding a site that steams them. Talking with a group of Whovian friends today I learned there were two prequels I missed at the the start of this (the ninth) season.



The other mini episode was The Doctor's Meditation, I couldn't find a video to embed but at the time of posting it was available on DailyMotion. I then spent some time trying to learn if I missed any more mini episodes. During my searching I found a helpful list of mini episodes on Reddit.

The last thing I learned today was that the BBC has a digital Doctor Who 2015 Advent Calendar.

Countdown Till Christmas Special Airs: 20 sleeps
Countdown Till This Whovian sees the Christmas Special: 21 sleeps

Comments