The Adventures Continue

I had this fun moment last December rewatching Doctor Who. I was in the middle of the 9th Doctor's series when I saw an episode I had missed. It was fantastic. Not just because it was the 9th Doctor (who was fantastic).

It was great to see 9 being 9 in a new (to me story) because I had thought all his stories over. I did not realize how much I missed Eccleston as the Doctor till that moment. That doesn't mean I don't love the other Doctors, I do, I really really do. I just want all of them to have more adventures. I think that is was makes the books, radio dramas, comics and even fanfic great.When you are missing a particular Doctor or companion there are new adventures to discover is one of these mediums.

For me, one of the characters I am want more of is River Song. It is why I am looking forward to this years Christmas special. So I am very excited to share that January 2016 a four-hour audio drama is being release called The Diary of River Song.

From the Big Fish website:
Synopsis
An epic four-hour adventure that takes River Song across space and time, seeking out the secret rulers of the universe.

1. The Boundless Sea by Jenny T Colgan
Drawn out of self-imposed academic exile by an archaelological dig, River crosses paths with British Consul Bertie Potts - leading to a secret buried in a lost tomb...

2. I Went to a Marvellous Party by Justin Richards
River is invited to the most exclusive gathering; right in the middle of Hyperspace! Hosts Gifford and Isabella hold a connection to the mysterious Rulers of the Universe; but with a murderer on board, is River too late to discover the truth?

3. Signs by James Goss
River is on the trail of mysterious, planet-killing SporeShips. Her only aid is a handsome time-travelling stranger with a connection to her future - her husband, Mr Song.

4. The Rulers of the Universe by Matt Fitton
The Eighth Doctor is drawn into events, as River must contend with a secret society and a face-off with an ancient alien force - with her future husband caught in the middle!

Written By: Jenny T Colgan, Justin Richards, James Goss, Matt Fitton
Directed By: Ken Bentley
It looks really interesting. I am especially curious about the fourth story. How does the 8th Doctor meet River Song and still have 10 not know her when they meet in the Silence in the Library? It is a mystery.

The BBC's digital Doctor Who 2015 Advent Calendar.
Countdown Till Star Wars: 8 sleeps
Countdown Till Christmas Special Airs: 16 sleeps
Countdown Till This Whovian sees the Christmas Special: 17 sleeps

Comments

Amai said…
New doctor content is always exciting. I was kinda bummed when I caught up on the classics until I found the audio dramas. David Tennant and Catherine Tate are about to have three release, and I'm really pumped about those. David Tennant is an insane voice actor, based on the other ones of him I've heard. http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-who/37070/doctor-who-audio-first-clip-of-david-tennant-and-catherine-tates-big-finish-return
Elizabeth said…
This is very happy news!