The Simple Woman Daybook 171

Hello friends and the few faithful readers that still stop by to see if there is new content,

I'm still alive.

There has been no crisis or major reason for the three month gap in writing. At first I was just celebrating Christmas and recovering from the month of writing everyday. The next thing I knew it was mid February and I hadn't written anything and I couldn't seem to get back into the habit. In fact I couldn't even think were to begin. So I put it off for another month.

Today I decided that it was high time I just did something. So, to ease myself back into regular blogging I am going to do a Simple Woman's Daybook post. Here goes:

FOR TODAY: March 15, 2016
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Blog.

Outside my window...a winter scene that looks more like mid April then mid March.

I am thinking... writing topics. I am pondering stories and books I would want to write and future blog ideas.

I am thankful... the church family I've found and the community of friends that have become a second family to me.

I am wearing... sneakers, jeans, and a Flash hoodie

I am creating... doodles. I saw some "zen tangles" last week and decided that they looked like fun. I might post my creations tomorrow or Sunday. (If tomorrow under the title "Wordless Wednesday" but I also like "Sunday Scribbles" as a possible title).

I am reading... Mountain of Spices by Hannah Hurnard It is a sequel to her book Hind's Feet on High Places.

I am geeking out... on comics,  It's the dangers of working at a comic store. I wasn't going to buy/read a single comic....then I saw a title that interested me and then another. I am becoming a cliche. The two series I am most excited about is 1) a six part Voltron series and the last arrived just last week and 2) a new series titled Another Castle.

I am playing... I've picked up a number of new games since Christmas. The top three 1) Fairy Tales (an awesome Christmas gift from my Sister), 2) Floating Market and 3) Firefly: the Game.

One of my favorite things... libraries

In my kitchen... This week I've been babysitting for friends. They just had a baby boy and are staying in at a hospital an hour away. Last night their other three children and I had homemade chicken wings and a delicious salad. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:...Thursday there is a study on the Lord's prayer that I joined, this week we are looking at "forgive our debts and we forgive our debtors." Friday I am volunteering with Inn From the Cold (a local temporary, emergency, homeless shelter). I expect that my co-volunteer and I will play board games. And then Saturday I am playing board games all day with some friends.


Comments

AuroraLee said…
Great to see you back. :) I think that study sounds like it will be good for you.