The Simple Woman Daybook 182


FOR TODAY: October 16, 2016
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Blog.

Outside my window... night, I am not sure why I keep this section. I am more often writing at night and the answer is always a variation of the same idea...night, darkness, stars, etc.

I am thinking... about costumes and cosplay ideas. It's because Sister is practicing her Halloween make-up at the moment.

Been thinking about theology, church history, and John Wesley. I had a very Wesleyan/Methodism moment a few weeks ago.

I am thankful... being close with my family
 
 

I am wearing... Christmas pants and a red tank top

I am creating... fancy nail art. Really I am a beginner but I had fun:

I am watching... I introduced Sister to Gilmore Girls last weekend, it's become our weekend show. I forgot how much I loved the show, The Pretender with Mom, and Tuesday is Firefly night with Sister and her friends. On my own I've been watching Midsommer Murders and trying to watch Daredevil (second season) and Luke Cage. Both are very good but my tolerance for violence is...heightening.

I am geeking out... DC, I know I'm weird but I really like it.

I played... Warmachines, it is a strategy/tactician game like Warhammer and Stoneage.
One of my favorite things... Thanksgivings walks followed Thanksgiving feasts

Verse of the week... Exodus 15:2 NLT
The Lord is my strength and my song;
    he has given me victory.
This is my God, and I will praise him—
    my father’s God, and I will exalt him!
Song of the Week:




From the Garden:... we harvested most of the vegetables last weekend, there might be one last zucchini to pick this week if the frost doesn't kill it.

In the Kitchen... Thanksgiving was so much fun, Mom and I worked together on preparing the meal over three days. I tried to make Maria's very yummy sweet potato casserole. It turned out well and I learned a few things for next time.

A few plans for the rest of the week:...the week is packed there is the regular things plus Monday night I'm going to the city to shop. Tuesday have a ministry lunch followed by youth ministry leaders networking meeting (that's a mouthful) followed by Firefly TV night. I've started attending a Bible Study on Wednesday looking at 2 Timothy. Thursday I'm back in the city to participate in contemplative worship. Friday is the most exciting activity, Toby Mac concert! And Saturday I visiting the Ottawa Vineyard church, because even pastors need to find ways to worship.  

Happening On The Blog:... I have no plans. I mean I do have plans but I haven't been the most quick to actually write. My goal is to write twice this week. That might include my non-regular weeklies Daily SaladThankful Thursday, and Wednesday Art.

A few pictures to share:...

A few weeks ago I was at a pastor retreat and conference. This was my view every morning.

Comments

Janey said…
Hello LIz.

Are you NaNoing this year? Any groups near you?
I found two people who were interested in taking part - for the first time. But have not seen them since. (Where they both work has temporarily closed.)

I found a Christian publisher, here: http://www.westbowpress.com/LP02F01C051.aspx?CAT=Partner&LS=Referral&SRC=Bookbubadtest300x25062016

Is there a public recipe for the sweet potato casserole
Jake roasts ours in the oven - wrapped in tin foil.

Take care,
Jane Warren