Day 1: From Ridiculous O'Clock to Best Friend Hugs with Pictures

First travel day is done. We have made it to Moncton. There have been many Best Friend hugs.

Her kids are wonderful. They waited for me at the end of the road. Super cute. Also, today, they argued of the possession of "The Liz." See for years Best Friend called me, "My Liz." The kids today "corrected" her by stating, "no, she is "our Liz." Best Friend won with the decisive, "I saw her first." I feel loved. Best Friend and I are giggling over the story as I write this.

During the drive Mom and I thought up a few more goals:

A Few More Goals:
31. Halls Harbour visit
32. See a lighthouse
34. Picture with a giant lobster
35. Chicken Curry Fries (again, I know there are other places that service this but its not the same)
36. Johnny's for a burger and/or poutine
37. Meal at Troys

And now the days highlights in photos:

Ridiculous O'clock Start
(car is five minutes fast)
The original plan was for us to wake at 4:00am to be on the road by 4:30am. However, we jokingly said that if we both were up earlier we would just go. After blogging last night I was in bed before 10:00pm. I proceeded to wake up at 11:40ish, 1:20ish, and 2:15ish. I was a bad as I am Christmas Eve. When I woke again at 3:00am I just decided to get up and stay up.

The double upside was 1) I was inspired to go through my CDs to change up the music in the car and found a CD I have been missing over a year ago. I am beyond happy to have found Sara Groves Add to the Beauty CD. And 2) it meant we didn't arrive at Best Friends super late.

Many hours later we made it to the New Brunswick boarder
 

We decided to have a spontaneous touristy activity.
 
I learned how to use the panoramic feature on my phone 

This might be my favourite picture of the day :)

And BEST FRIEND HUGS

See you tomorrow :)

Comments