Day 12: South Shore Sojourn

Yesterday was our big, most touristy, adventure to the South Shore. Joining us was Melinda and Randy, sadly I didn't take any pictures with them, not sure why not, just how things went. Our first stop was Lunenburg. The goal, to see the Bluenose II. And I saw it. While we were looking for parking it was docked. When we got to the docks it was out on a tour.
Not being able to take a picture with the Bluenose II, I took the next best options. The giant dime was in the mini Bluenose museum and the model Bluenose can be found in the gift shop of the Fishermen's museum.
Lunenburg is a beautiful town, I could have spent the whole day exploring the shops. We did visit the yarn store (I withstood the urge to begin a new project), a gorgeous bookstore (many books found a new home), and a makery. We also saw this giant lobster claw:
Next we found a beach on Second Peninsula, we think we were at Backman's Beach. There were no signs but we are pretty confident. Melinda took these two pictures to prove I was swimming in the Atlantic Ocean. They are taken within seconds of me running out and dunking. The first image is me coming out of the water and the second is me screaming "It's COLD!" 
 
Our last stop was Mahone Bay. We couldn't find a sign to take a picture with so I used the highway sign. I also tried to get a picture of the three churches in a row. Sadly it wasn't clear enough to really show we were in Mahone Bay. So Mum and I posed in front of one of the three churches. The visit had Randy and me discussing the SyFy show Haven. I loved that show and sad I missed most of it's finial season. Many of the scenes were filmed in Mahone Bay and this area.
We got back to Wolfville just in time for Donna's Open Mic. I still haven't been able to figure out how to upload the video of her song, "Little Green Car" I think it is going to have to wait till I'm back home in Ontario.
The last thing of the night was enjoying Scott Skins at Joe's.
Nova Scotia Trip Bucket-List Successes:
9. Swim in the Atlantic Ocean
11. See the Blue Nose
23. Scott Skins
37. Luneburg
38. Mahone Bay

Comments

Amai said…
The last season of Haven was weird. I liked the rest of it, but I couldn't even tell you how it ended, because I watched it and promptly deleted everything from my brain... or maybe I didn't finish it...