Day 6: Fundy, Food, and Friends...There Were Also Games

We started the day with a nostalgic trip to Port George in the drizzling rain. At least three of my elementary school class trips were to this stony shore along the Bay of Fundy. And Mum was always one of the parent volunteers.

As kids we would explore the tidal pools hunting for tiny crabs and sea shells. One year a group of boys found a eel. After our picnic lunch, which mum always packed me her special homemade fried chicken, the group of us would walk up the beach to a near by ice cream shop. This is the reason Port George made it onto our trip bucket list.
I just love this directional sign
We found a lighthouse. Sadly, the ice cream shop was no longer operational.

Here is my second attempt at using the panoramic feature on my phone

We arrived near high tide. Mum decided to stay closer to the top wisely avoiding the wet, slippery rocks. I went hunting for tidal pools and the edge of the water. Thankfully I did not lose my balance or drop the phone in the water. Sadly, I only found barnacles and snails no crabs.

 
As I got closer to the waters edge the water came to greet me (the tide was still coming in). Normally this is when I would have dipped my feet in the Bay and taken a picture but I needed the shoes to stay dry for the climbing on rocks...also the tide was coming in -it was time to go and go quickly.

It was a wise choice because just as we got into car the light drizzle quickly turned to torrential downpour.
Port George, still one of my favourite places in the whole world

We did a few errands in Greenwood before I dropped Mum off at her friends home. They graciously let me use their computer to blog yesterday's post and tried to help me upload a video from Donna's open mic. The upload issue hasn't been resolved yet. I'm going to ask Aurora on Monday (or pre-drive in) for advice. If that doesn't work I'll wait till my tech wise friend Susi can use her super powers.

My afternoon was pretty laid back. I went to Wolfville and wandered, visited some shops, looked at comics, chatted about board games, saw friends, and bought books. The books were interesting. I got two and neither are books I'd normally buy. The first was a book of Celtic prayers and mediations for a specific area. The second is a book for me to argue with, not my normal mode of reading, I've been inspired by my Favourite Atheist. If I actually read the book it might be a future series. I say "if" because the last time I attempted such a venture I threw the book across the room and haven't picked it up since (Sorry MFA).

Supper was Chicken Curry Poutine at the Kentville Games Night!
AHHHHH! It was so much fun. There were friends, and catching up, and new friends one of who just got back for Gen Con (I so want to go to Gen Con someday), and hugs, and joy -so much joy.
I played three games Batman Love Letter, Kingfomino, and Dungeons! 
Next was a trip to Ross' for the "Liz is Back" party. We played some neat party games that use a computer to link phones for games of trivia, fake it, and t-shirt design. It was a hoot -there was much laughter and I got to hug friends I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Like this Jenn (I have five Jenn's in Nova Scotia, I have only seen three of the Jenns so far).
When I got "home" Mom and I finished the night with our new favourite tradition/ritual....chats in the hot tub.

Nova Scotia Trip Bucket-List Successes:
3. Attend the Wednesday Games Group Games Night
32. See a lighthouse
35. Chicken Curry Fries 

Comments