Happy NaNoWriMo!

My days have been all mixed up. All day yesterday I thought it was Thursday and today I thought it was Friday. That is why Thankful Thursday was posted a whole day early and I'm only now writing about NaNoWriMo, which launched yesterday. Don't know what NaNoWriMo is? Check out their main page nanowrimo.org

I miss my writing group, past NaNo Eve countdowns, and the anticipation of our annual write-all-night. I'm two days in this year and I have to say writing without community is so much harder. I realize how crazy that sounds since the essence of writing is a solitary act. It is the mutual cheerleading, meet ups, and word wars that got me thought most of my past NaNo victories. Only my very first year did I go it alone (I was a braver soul in my younger years). And really that is only because there were no events in my area. The next year I organized a few write-ins and by my third year I was the ML, a position I held for seven years, till I moved*

I need a community, and maybe you do too? Without a writing group nearby, I will create one here. We can cheer each other on. Are you participating in NaNoWriMo this year? If so what are you writing? Are you a classic participant or a rebel? What's your genre? Are you a plotter or panters or maybe even a planster?

So, for my 11th year....I have no idea what I am going to write. I have 558 words in and I doing love any of them. There are three weak intros and I don't care for any of them. I am not sure what I am going to do. It will probably be a fantasy-fairy-tale mess. I am going more classic this year, which is a surprise to me. And I am completely a pantser this year. For now I will follow the advice of a little blue fish and, "just keep writing, writing, writing..."

Day 2: 558/3333 ultimate goal 50,000

Confession: I still visit my former regions message boards

Comments