Thankful Thursday #222

What a week! Normally that would be the start of a rant or the sign of a rough week. In this instance it isn't. It's been a full week, a week with joys, surprises, friends, reunions, victories, and a few tears. I had a blast. It is easy for find the joy in a week like this.

This is a tangent aside, (next side thought is that a redundant phrase "tangent aside"), there are those that think it is easy to praise God in the good times because the emotions or physical blessing make it easier. This idea would mean that it is in the struggles that it is hard to praise because circumstances cloud our perception of God. There are those who experience the opposite. In the rough times each small victory leads to praising because the small joys and blessings are so clear. In the good times people are so caught up in the sunshine they forget the creator of the light. As I think about both those concepts and I wonder, what if it's just our natural default not to praise and we learn it? I am by nature selfish and I am learning to be unselfish. I learn to be thankful. I learn to praise.

In any case, God is always good to me and I say thank you. This week I am thankful...

1) that I am able to go to the movies. It gives me great joy and I like stories
2) for a good friend came along side me to help with the letting go of stuff
3) that a long process is done and my credential have officially transferred
4) that the transfer also means official appointment at my church with a new title I'm an associate pastor
5) that my church family was there to celebrate
6) my parents who pray and support me
7) for the ever supportive, fantastic, and kind Susi
8) for the youth
9) for answered prayers
10) for all the creative outlets from writing to drawing I have access to.

Comments