Day 1: The 2017 Doctor Who Christmas Countdown Begins


Happy December First and welcome to the fourth annual Whovian Christmas Special Countdown. Over the next few weeks there will be a new Doctor Who related posted daily from now till the Christmas special airs on December 25.

New this year, I've created a Facebook group to share daily post links. If you want to join you can find it here: Whovian Christmas Special Countdown (please someone let me know if the link works). The schedule of post topics has not been completely finalized. There will be art, craft tutorials, reviews, and hopefully some fun surprises. In the past I have had many good suggestions from fellow Whovians. Sadly this year we're not able to brainstorm ideas over a cup of coco (distance is a pain). If you are one of those people or have a suggestion for Whovian topic, please leave a comment and let me know!

I am looking forward to the Christmas Special. But I know nothing about it. I am avoiding all trailers, articles, and preview clips. The only thing I have seen in the poster. It looks good! I find I enjoy the Doctor the less I know and the less assumptions or fan-theories I have. I'm also completely ignorant about what has been happening to the 12th Doctor currently. The site I relied on in the past only made the first episode of season ten available for free. My hope is that the events of the Special stand alone. If not, it won't be the first time I watched the show out of order, and time is wibbly wobby after all.

While waiting for the special and in the midst of daily blogging, Christmas preparations, and mundane life responsibilities I two goals. The first is to watch all the Christmas Specials and Nine's holiday adventure with Charles Dickens. The second goal is to watch all of Clara's episodes. Okay not all, over the last year I've been going through Matt Smith's run. So, three less than "all." We ended Tuesday on the Bells of Saint John. I think my real hope is to get to the end of series nine and figure out what I think of Twelve, just in time to say good-bye.

To close today one of the great BBC bumper videos from 2009:
Countdown Till Christmas Special Airs: 24 sleeps
Countdown Till This Whovian (probably) sees the Christmas Special: 26 sleeps
Tomorrow's Countdown Post: My Top Ten Favourite Past Whovian Posts
Episodes Recently Watched: The Bells of Saint John (watched Tuesday)

Comments

Susi said…
Yup, the link works :)
Amai said…
The special may stand alone, but it will be FULL of spoilers.
Elizabeth said…
I can live with spoilers. I am still sad I haven't been able watch season ten yet.