36 While 36: March Update

Time is running out. The end of the 36 While 36 is a month away. I have 31 days to complete a handful of challenges.

By my count I have two challenges still to start and six still in progress. I celebrate that has been the most successful birthday-challenge yet. There is even a chance for a 100% completion, which I have never met.

Yet with my goal so close I fear failure. A friend pointed out today that I will have to complete two challenges a week if I want to succeed. That seems too much especially with Easter this weekend. I need to make a plan and a checklist. It might still be possible.

The Key
plain text = not started
green text = started
purple text = completed

The List
1) Choose a 2018 Word
    My 2018 word is peace.
2) Make a 40 Before 40 List
    Here is the whole 40 Before 40 list
3) Send/give Christmas Cards (36 minimum)
    I have nine cards left to give to make my self-imposed 36 card minimum.
4) Marry Someone
     Done; on September 2nd. Congratulations Chris and Becca Gilbert! (Sorry to those who thought it might be a hint at progress in my own relationship status. I am still as single as ever).

5) Be a NaNoWriMo Rebel
     With only four days left of NaNoWriMo I count this as completed. I have participated this year in the writing contest as a rebel regardless of if I cross the 50k word goal or not.
6) Memorize Philippians 4:4-9
    I know the passage! I had it down solid in November. I will need to practice more.
7) Finish Reading New Testament
    I have 10 books left to read
8) Draw Regularly (12 drawings)
    You can find the new art most Wednesdays
 9) Write Down My Children's Stories
    I've written out 3 of the 4 stories
10) A Day of Silence
    I think this was one the last two lists, I finally completed the challenge last week. It was a day I needed. I've already made plans to have another retreat in a few months.
11) Cosplay a New Character
Petronella Osgood and Zygone Osgood
Or is that Zygone Osgood and Petronella Osgood?
I will never tell!
12) Make a video
    There is a plan to make a video. We keep postponing. Soon....  
The next 18 challenges were all related to my NS this past summer. You can find links to the trip and all the challenges here.
13) Hug all of my people
14) Brunch with The Brunch Club
15) Attend the Wednesday Games Group Games Night
16) Picture with a giant lobster
17) Watch the sunrise over the Bay of Fundy
18) Swim in the Atlantic Ocean
19) Eat Lobster
20) Eat Muscles
21) Eat Scott Skins
22) Eat Chicken Curry Fries
23) Eat at the Korean Place
24) Eat at the Naked Crepe
25) Visit the Look-Off
26) Visit The Wolfville Farmer Market
27) Visit Halls Harbour
28) Visit Port George
29) Visit Luneburg
30) Visit Mahone Bay
31) Let go of stuff (#23)
    More needs to go but it is happening
32) Exercise (#34)
    I've been mostly faithful to regular weigh training and walking. Next year's goal will be to add in cardio.
33) Keep Food Journal (#35)
    This has been one of the most helpful habits.
34) Make a life time bucket list (#4)
35) Volunteer (#15)
    I helped ring bells this Christmas
36) TBA

It doesn't look too bad.

Let the birthday countdown begin.

Comments